Monday, May 16, 2011

Color Me Creative Classroom Copic Challenge

Happy Monday!  I hope your week has gotten off to a great start!  I am hoping to be very productive this week, but we'll see how that goes.  I've already gotten one thing accomplished today and that is to make my card for the current Copic Challenge (Challenge #18) on Suzanne Dean's Color Me Creative Classroom site. The challenge was to create a card or project with lots of white on it, using only a small pop of color.  The image had to be mostly white and colored appropriately.  This was the inspiration photo, but our project did not have to be wedding-related:


Here is my card:


I decided to use this sweet Lady Tilda image for my card.  She is from the 2010 Fairy Tale Collection. I colored her with the following Copics: E00, E000, E11, R20 (skin), E27, E31, E35, E50 (hair), R85, R81, R00 (rose and headband) and BG10, C1, C00 (white dress).  I added some Stardust and Pink Stickles here and there for a little sparkle. I cut her out and popped her up on foam tape.  The embossed frame was created with the Sizzix Wreath Embossing Folder.  I kept my embellishments to a minimum, adding only a few tiny ribbon roses to the frame and some little pearl flowers to the corners.  The CS is all from Gina K. Designs (Pure Luxury Heavy Base Weight, Layering Weight White and Innocent Pink).

Thanks for dropping by my blog!  Have a wonderful day!
Photobucket

5 comments:

  1. Carla this is beautiful, she is adorable and your coloring is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carla this is wonderful.I am really enjoying your whimsical creations. The white on white is so pretty here. One I struggle with. Great job. We just had a nice rain shower and I think it is headed your way..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Carla! Oh wow! I don't find white to be that easy to color but you have mastered it! This is so pretty and I really love that you are doing some cutesy images! You and I have more similar styles and it's fun to branch out, isn't it? Love your ef! I've not seen that one but it's beautiful! Hope you have a great day!!!
    hugs,
    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a great card. I just love your coloring! The white gown is done so perfect and I just love the little pop of color with the flower! Thank you for taking part in the Color Me Creative Challenge. I love your card!
    Hugs,
    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think you've done a lovely card here! Your folds in her dress look so pretty and I love the simplicity, yet elegance, of your design. Thanks for playing along with us at our Color Me Creative 'white' Challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and leaving me a comment! I really appreciate it! Carla