Sunday, June 5, 2011

The Outlawz CAS Challenge - Summer Party!

Good afternoon! Hope you had a great weekend! I just got back and I'm trying to get caught up on everything I've missed while I was gone.

I am popping in to share the card I made for the Sunday CAS Challenge on The Outlawz site.  I was so excited when Maureen invited me to be Guest Designer for the CAS team for the June Challenges!  What's more, this is no ordinary CAS challenge!  It's the kick-off challenge for The Outlawz Summer Party!  Check out all the details on the main page. You won't want to miss joining the challenges this coming week.  There are lots of fabulous prizes to be won!

In case you missed it, here is the main party announcement:


Now on to today's CAS Challenge. There are so many fun things to do in the Summer, sometimes it's hard to choose!  This week's challenge is to choose one item from each category and make your own Summer themed creation.
 
Colors:
A.  Red, Black & White
B.  Blue, Green & Pink
C.  Brown, Turquoise & kraft

Technique:
A.  Embossing
B.  Paper Piercing
C.  One Layer Card

Embellies:
A.  Ribbon
B.  Buttons
C.  Glitter

Here is my card for the challenge:


I chose the following:
Summer Element: Summer Dress
Colors: Blue, Green and Pink
Technique:  Paper Piercing
Embellishment:  Buttons 
 
I started with a card base of GKD Heavy Base Weight White.  I stamped the cute sundress from Gina K. Designs Retro Boutique set onto GKD Layering Weight White.  I also stamped it onto patterned paper from the My Mind's Eye Quite Contrary collection and paper pieced the dress.  I layered it onto a Spellbinders Scallop Rectangle frame of GKD Bubblegum Pink.  I pierced around the corners of the main image panel then popped it up on foam tape. The sentiment is also from Retro Boutique. I finished my CAS creation with a few buttons from my stash.
 
Be sure to go check out the fantastic samples from the rest of the CAS DT!

Thanks for stopping by!  Hope to see you again soon!
Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. wow Carla, this is fantastic! I love teh image, it reminds me of the 50's movies, awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful card Carla - it also takes me down memory lane!

    Mary Mac

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your card Carla! You certainly brought the Summer in! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and leaving me a comment! I really appreciate it! Carla