Saturday, October 29, 2011

Card Patterns #139

Hi there!  Hope your weekend is off to a great start! The temps have taken a big dive here, but at least there is no snow in the forecast!  Before getting on with the day,  I'm here to share my DT card for this week's Card Patterns Sketch Challenge



And here is my take on the sketch:


I went quite literal with the sketch this time.  I wanted to make another Christmas card to add to my stash and I decided to keep it simple and let the beautiful patterned papers from Webster's Pages Waiting For Santa/Sweet Season Petite Papers be the focal point.   The card base and mat are GKD Fresh Asparagus. The sentiment is from Gina K. Designs Festive Frame set and it's embossed with gold embossing powder. I added some dyed seam binding, a Webster's Pages Sparkler (to which I added a pearl) and a few extra adhesive pearls to finish my card.

Thanks for dropping by!  I really appreciate it!  Be sure to visit the Card Patterns blog and feast your eyes on the gorgeous creations from the rest of the DT and our two very talented Guest Designers, Lori and Sabrina.  We hope you'll love what you see and you'll be inspired to play along with us!

Enjoy the rest of your weekend!
Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Hi hi Carla!! What a beautiful take on the sketch! Yes it's simple but yet so lovely and I love how soft it looks and also the pretty yellow ribbon! :)))

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and leaving me a comment! I really appreciate it! Carla