Sunday, March 4, 2012

You Rock!

Hi there!  Did you have a good weekend?  It was busy here, but busy in a good way.  We made great progress on a few home improvement projects that needed doing.  Not a lot of time for crafting, but I managed to squeeze one card in.  I needed a masculine thank you card - not the easiest to create, but I had fun with this one!

I used Card Patterns Sketch #155 for my layout:


Here is my card:


I started with a card base of GKD Black Onyx and layered with patterned papers from the Basic Grey Oxford 6x6 pad.  My fun image is "Air Guitar" from Mo's Digital Pencil.  You can find it in Mo's store here.  I printed him on Cryogen White and colored him with Copics.  Both sentiments are from Paulette at Create With TLC.  I colored the guitar with Spica pens and added a button for some detail.  Some stitched ribbon and a few more buttons from my stash finished off my card.

Thanks for stopping by!  Hope to see you again soon!
Photobucket

14 comments:

  1. A Perfect masculine card, Carla! I like the red guitar that you added in the corner and those red sneakers are awesome! It looks like it was fun to color. ~Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card, Carla! I love that image...haven't gotten it yet but it's on my wish list, lol! Hope you made it through the storms...we had a couple of tornadoes touch down within 5 miles of us but none right here on us. A lot of damage everywhere...my heart goes out to those folks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Carla, this is such a great and fun card for a boy!!! Love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Carla what a fun boys card!
    Hugs Heidy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Carla- Perfect masculine thank you card! I like the Spica on the guitar!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is awesome!!!! I think it's the perfect guy card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a cool card - love that image and perfect colouring!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Carla, what a fantastic job on this, just perfect! I appreciate all of you kind words and prayers. Glad you are getting some things done, we can't wait to get started ourselves, just need to wait on warmer weather as I want to paint some and would love to be able to open the windows when I do.
    hugs....

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW!!!! This is hysterical... Wonderful card for teenagers WOW!!! on your background paper, just love how you layed it out. The way you adding the Air Guitar is a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful and fun card Carla. Love all of Mo's images and your certainly do a great job to show them off. You are a great designer.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Carla, this is such a cute and fun card. Bet he's gonna like this one. "Hugs"

    ReplyDelete
  12. Super card, Carla. Guys are so hard to do but you pulled it off in a marvelous way.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a fun Guy card Carla, and you rocked this sketch!!!!! Great design hun!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and leaving me a comment! I really appreciate it! Carla