Friday, June 14, 2013

Super Dad

Hi again!  Are you sick of me yet?  I never dreamed I would have time to create another card this week, but I had some contractors in and I used the down time to do some coloring.  I made a card for a bunch of the Father's Day/masculine challenges out there right now.

Here is my card:


My card base and mats are SU Marina Mist and my patterned papers are from the Bo Bunny Surprise 6x6 pad.  The fun image is Super Hero by Kenny K. for Whimsy Stamps.  I was lucky enough to have won this stamp awhile back.  I stamped it on Make it Colour Blending Card and colored it with my Copics.  I cut out the image and the black mat with my Cameo.  I also cut the sentiment with my Cameo using a cut file from the Silhouette store.  A few red gems from my stash finished my card.

Here is a close-up of the image:


I am entering my card in the following challenges:
Kenny K.'s Krafty Krew #147 (Father's Day)
Papertake Weekly (hello, boys)
Crafty Sentiments Designs (card/project for a male)
Anything Goes Challenge #94 (for a man)
Loves Rubberstamps Challenge #56 (masculine)
Twisted Tuesday #52 (challenge: masculine; twist: clothes)
Crafting For All Seasons #54 (one for the guys)
QKR Stampede #43 (for Dad)

Thanks for stopping by again!  Have a great weekend and see you soon!
Photobucket

27 comments:

  1. Love this, Carla! Great coloring of a very cute image! Love the great colors, DP, and design! And you should enter it quickly in our Greetings challenge, (stars and/or stripes!); it's perfect for it! :^)
    Hugs, Penny

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cool card for a cool dad. Love the primary colours you have used.
    {I would love you to take part in my 600 Follower Give-away. Thank you so much if you have already entered and good luck.} Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! What an awesome card; love the image! Thank you for playing along with us at Twisted Tuesday Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great masculine card. Thanks for playing along at Twisted Tuesday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute. Thanks for playing along at Twisted Tuesday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a great image and love the papers you have used and fab use of your cameo

    Thank you for playing along with Kenny K this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card! Looks as if it came straight from a comic book :) Love the cutting outline and the colouring is fab - great colours too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow!! I love this fantastic masculine card. The papers are so perfect with this image. Love it Carla. So glad you had time to create.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a fabulous father's day card, I love it. Thanks for playing with us over at Loves Rubberstamps!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is awesome Carla! I love your colouring on the image and the papers are perfect! :)
    Lizy xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a "Super" Father's Day card Carla!!
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great fathersday card Carla!!
    XXX Heidy

    ReplyDelete
  13. How perfect to use this image for this week when "Superman" has just been released. Your coloring is wonderful Carla....Great card...Hugz, joann

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great card! I love superheroes and this one is so cool! Thanks so much for joining our challenge over at Loves Rubberstamps! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous card!
    Thanks for joining us at CFAS!
    Jani x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful creation Carla, you are always so good at coordinating colors/papers. Wonderful detailed coloring as well. So glad to see you playing at Crafty Sentiments this week. Hugs my friend:)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great image, Carla! Every dad should be treated like a super hero as far as I'm concerned! I'm really happy that you played along and want to say "thanks so much" for joining us in our "Masculine" theme challenge at Tuesday Throwdown this week.
    NanaConnie DT

    ReplyDelete
  18. gorgeous creation thanks for joining us at PTW hugs Jill xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Super MAN Card Carla! I love that image and the color pallette. Thank you for sharing with QKR Stampede this week.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Awesome card! That image is super! Great job colouring him! WOW! Your design is stunning! Thanks for joining us at Twisted Tuesday Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love the Superhero! So cute. Thanks for playing along with Twisted Tuesday! Looking forward to seeing your creations at our next challenge. ♥ Jamie at CraftyGirl21

    ReplyDelete
  22. Such a super card! ;-D

    He's perfect for occasion and you did a great job coloring him!

    Your paper choices and layout are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a cool card!! Thanks so much for participating in our QKR STAMPEDE challenge!! Hope to see you again for our next challenge!!
    ~DEANNE~
    A Little Bit O' Paper

    ReplyDelete
  24. Great card - Love the colors you used in making your card. Thanks for joining us at Twisted Tuesday Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Super job with your super hero!! Your coloring is right on.
    Hugs, Patricia

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and leaving me a comment! I really appreciate it! Carla