Saturday, July 6, 2013

Same Earrings As High School

Hi there.  Hope you are having a good weekend so far!  It has rained here for days and there is no let-up in sight.  It's OK, because I am busy inside, but it definitely puts an additional damper on my mood.  Anyway, I am here with a super quick post today to share a preview of one of the new sets in the Create With TLC store.  It's a fun vintage image that I'm sure you will enjoy!



Here is my card:


My card base and mats are SU Island Indigo and the retro patterned papers are from the Webster's Pages Trendsetter Petite Papers pack.  The image can be found here.  I printed it on MiC Blending Card and colored it with my Copics.  I added Stickles to the peace sign earrings and Glossy Accents to the sunglasses.  The sentiment is also from Create With TLC.  Some cute trims from my stash finished my card.

Here is a close-up of the image:


Thanks for stopping by!  I am sorry that I am not getting to visit much these days.  I will as soon as I can.  I will be out of town for the next several days, so all my posts will be pre-scheduled.  I hope to get back into my crafting and blogging routine when I get back.

I am entering my card in the following challenge:
Tuesday Morning Sketches #205 (sketch)

Here is TMS-205:

Enjoy the rest of your weekend!
Photobucket

17 comments:

  1. Carla, love the way this turned out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous retro image and super job. Don't worry...just get back when you can. I'm sure we all understand.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card Carla. Your work is always amazing. Take care of yourself and know we are thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so pretty Carla... never apologize for life taking us away from our blogs... it happens to all of us and sometimes we just need a break and time to breathe and recharge ourselves physically and emotionally.. you have been through a rough time... be gentle with yourself! Your blog posts are always a pleasure to read! Have a safe trip! xxx Ann Marie

    ReplyDelete
  5. lol! I am in love with that awesome sentiment! I hope your time away is for fun & enjoyment :) Thanks so much for coming to play with us at Tuesday Morning Sketches, Carla!
    (I've featured your awesome card on our TMS Facebook page - https://www.facebook.com/pages/Tuesday-Morning-Sketches)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous Carla, you always do a beautiful job. Love the sentiment. My friend do not worry about any of us.. you take care of yourself, it's good you get away and make some cards to get your mind off things but your heats and prayers are with you in every way.
    Sending super BIG Hugs, Pat

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't and never had earrings like those but some of mine came close, lol! Great sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabolous card Carla!!
    XXX Heidy

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is adorable!! I love that sentiment!!!
    Thanks for joining us this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute!!! That's about all I can fit into!
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful coloring Carla...Such a wonderful card. I love that sentiment...Hugz, joann

    ReplyDelete
  12. Carla, this is a wonderful card. Your coloring of the image is superb! Thank you so much for sharing with us this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great coloring of that retro image! And I just love that sentiment--it is too funny! :^) Really great design, and that DP is perfect with the image! :^)
    Hugs, Penny
    Hope you are doing OK.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely card, Carla! Flawless colouring, as always!
    xxx Asha
    Sunny Summer Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your coloring is fabulous! I love that image and sentiment. Sure gave me a giggle.

    Your paper, color scheme, and embellishment choices are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous coloring of this fun image, Carla. Great coordinating papers as well!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Very lovely card, so beautifully coloured and such a great retro feel with the image, colour scheme and papers :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and leaving me a comment! I really appreciate it! Carla