Monday, December 9, 2013

Guest Designer - Crafts-Too Challenge You

Good morning!  Happy Monday!  Hope you had a good weekend and your week is off to a great start!  It was cold and rainy here all weekend, but at least we did not get any snow or ice, so I am grateful.  I am here today with some exciting news!  I recently came in Top 3 at Crafts-Too Challenge You and I was invited to be a Guest Designer for the December Challenge!  The main theme for Challenge #6  is "the natural world" and Twist 1 is: add a flower.  There is a little spotlight on my project over on the C2CU blog.  I am so honored!

Here is my project:


I went with a natural and vintage style for my card in keeping with the theme.  My card base and mats are GKD Fresh Asparagus and the patterned papers have lots of images from nature and holiday flowers.  They are from the K & Co. Elizabeth Brownd Christmas collection and the Recollections Botanica Noel paper pad.  The main image is a vintage Christmas Graphic called Pine Branch Frame from The Graphics Fairy. I stitched around all the panels and added sparkling Shabby White Fran-Tage here and there to look like snow. I added some vintage lace and some ivory seam binding that I distressed with Antique Linen Distress Ink.  A cluster of Wild Orchid Crafts Red Berries and a dimensional poinsettia sticker finished my card.

Here is a close-up of the vintage image:


Thanks for stopping by!  I hope you enjoyed my inspiration for the new challenge at Crafts-Too Challenge You!

I am entering my card in the following challenges:
Sketch N Stash #127 (sketch, which I flipped one turn)
The Ribbon Girl December Challenge (Christmas)
Live & Love Crafts Challenge #18 (Star Dust)
Crafts & Me Challenge #143 (anything goes)
Charisma Cardz Challenge #47 (distressed)
A Creative Romance Challenge (sparkle at Christmas)

Here is Sketch #127:

Have a wonderful day and see you soon!
Photobucket

17 comments:

  1. Let me be the first to congratulate you, and tell yu this card is absolutley gorogeus, I love all the details and layout!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the guest spot! Love this card with all the great images and beautiful layers! So many details.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulation on your Guest Designing position. This card is just the most gorgeous thing. I love the papers (K&Co is always beautiful) and the sentiment is wonderful. It's a beautiful vintage creation. I love that Fran-Tage.....got to get some.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for you being a guest designing on C2CU. They are lucky to have such talent as yours. This card is gorgeous and has such a fell of Home Sweet Home about it. Great stitching and I love the bird, flowers, lace, but most of all that sentiment. It just put a big smile on my face this morning. Enjoy your day. We just got about 1 inch of snow, but are scheduled for more tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on being GDT Carla...you made them a wonderful card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOWZER!! This is so very stunning Carla!! Love the Vintage feel and the frontage embossing! HUGS :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow this is stunning Carla,love it!!
    XXX Heidy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations and your card is delightful - gorgeous.
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a beautiful card, and congrats on your win. So glad you could join us this week at Charisma. Good Luck!
    Joyce xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aww, this is absolutely wonderful!
    Sooo beautiful.
    I love everything in it.
    Thank you for joining us at Sketch N Stash- challenge.
    xx Merkku

    ReplyDelete
  11. beautiful vintage card, I love the layers and dimension! Thanks for sharing with us at Charisma Cardz this week, goodluck! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Absolutely gorgeous Carla! Vintage perfection in every way. Congrats on your guestie spot. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats on the well deserved guest spot Carla :) Love this vintage style card - so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congrats, Carla! They are lucky to have you as a GDT! And your card is soooo gorgeous! I love all the elements you combined on this design! Great take on the sketch! So much texture in your details--really outstanding! :^)
    Hugs, Penny

    ReplyDelete
  15. Awesome card, Carla - love your papers and colours! Thanks for joining us at Basic Grey challenges, Juliexx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Carla,
    Congrats on your guest spot. Great take on the theme, gorgeous layering and composition. Also love the sprankle of the frantage. Thanks for sharing with us at LLC. Happy New Year!

    Hugz, Sandy
    Owner & Operator @ Live & Love Crafts

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and leaving me a comment! I really appreciate it! Carla